WSGW / MAYTAG STORE / MICHIGAN SUGAR PIZZA COOK OFF Feb. 21, 2018
Casey May, Saginaw
1 Pizza Crust
3 cloves Minced Garlic
2-3 slices Bacon
1 cup Mozzarella
1 tablespoon Butter
½ cup Heavy Cream
½ cup Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tablespoon Red Onion
• In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the butter, garlic, cream and milk. Bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan Cheese and egg yolk. Whisk a lot so the egg doesn’t cook.
• Add the salt and pepper to taste.
• Preheat your oven to 475-degrees.
• Pre-bake crust for 5 minutes.
• Put sauce on crust.
• Sprinkle with chicken, bacon and onion on pizza. Top with Mozzarella. Pat butter on crust.
• Bake for an additional 11 minutes.
Toni & Anika Samaniego, Saginaw
Lawrey’s Garlic Salt
Hard Boiled Egg
• Lay out the crust.
• Top with the Mozzarella.
• Add the meats and vegetables.
• Sprinkle with olive oil and garlic salt.
• Bake according to crust directions.
Cheryl Williams, Bay City
1 Brownie Mix
½ cup Chocolate Chips
1 cup Peanut Butter M&M’s
1 tablespoon Instant Coffee or use your favorite Brownie mix
1 cup Whipped Frosting
Other toppings of your choice
• Mix the brownie mix, coffee and chocolate chips. Place in a round pan with sides as close to pizza size as you have.
• Bake according to the package. Let cool.
• Spread the brownie with the peanut butter and whipped frosting.
• Top with your favorite toppings.
• Drizzle with chocolate and caramel syrups.
Loaded Baked Potato Pizza
Linda Schmidt, Kawkawlin
Ingredients For dough:
Approximately 3 cups Bread Flour
1 package Red Star Rapid Rise Dry Yeast
1 cup very warm (not hot) Water
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
8 ounces Sour Cream
½ teaspoon Black Pepper
10 strips of Bacon, diced
1 ½ cups mild Cheddar Cheese
1 Green Onion, dice (optional)
1 tablespoon Pioneer Sugar
½ teaspoon Salt
3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
6-7 small Red Potatoes, boiled and sliced
1 ½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
¾ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 ½ cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
8 ounces Fresh Mushrooms
• For crust, mix 1 cup flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Add very warm water and then oil. Mix well with a fork until moistened and continue to mix well. Add the rest of the flour. Knead 5 to 8 minutes. Cover with plastic and a towel and let rise for one hour. When done punch down dough and spread on greased pizza pan.
• In a small pot, add potatoes and cover with water. Cook until jest fork tender. Drain, let cool and slice into ¼-inch slices.
• In a small skillet, add the diced bacon, cooking until slightly crispy. Drain on a paper towel.
• Mix together the sour cream, garlic powder, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Set Aside.
• Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Spread the sour cream mixture over the dough. Top ¾-cup of each cheese. Bake 15 to 18 minutes.
• If desired, top with green onion and squeezable sour cream.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
Joan Gerhardt, Saginaw
1 thin Pizza Crust
Salt and Pepper to taste
2/3 cups Ketchup
1 ½ cups Mozzarella Cheese
½ Onion, chopped
1 cup shredded Lettuce
1 pound Ground Beef
1 pound Bacon, chopped and cooked
2 tablespoons Yettow Mushrooms
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
½ cup Dill Pickle Slices
1 cup diced Tomatoes
• Spread out crust on pan. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
• Cook the beef in a pan. When almost done, add the onion. Cook until done and drain. Cook bacon until almost done. Drain and set aside. Take a little bacon grease and coat top of crust right to the edge.
• Mix ketchup and mustard, and spread over crust.
• Spread both cheeses on top. Top with beef, onion and bacon.
• Cook until crust is browned on the bottom and cheese is melted (about 20 minutes).
• Top with pickle slices.
• Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
• Top with lettuce and tomatoes.