While sugarbeets can be a difficult and expensive crop to grow, they can also be more profitable for growers than other common crops such as wheat, corn or soybeans. Michigan Sugar Company is heavily invested in the success of the cooperative’s grower-owners, and is involved in a number of research initiatives to help advance the industry as a whole.
BEETcast – Weather monitoring system for weed and disease management
Get more information from the agricultural links below, review the Grower Guide, find detailed sugarbeet research information with REACh, and stay up-to-date on the latest information for sugarbeet producers in Newsbeet Magazine – just some of the resources Michigan Sugar Company provides.
- MAWN – Michigan Automated Weather Network
- NOAA Michigan Weather Information
- MSU Extension News for Agriculture
- National Weather Zone Forecast
- Sugarbeet Research and Education Board of Minnesota and North Dakota
- Saginaw Valley Research & Extension Center
- Michigan AgrAbility Project
- Michigan Agriculture Facts & Figures
- GMO Answers – Studies and Articles