Michigan Sugar Company has an immediate opportunity at its Bay City Facility for an Environmental Engineer. This newly created position will be responsible for the management and monitoring of the wastewater treatment system, factory air, and water emission sources to assure regulatory compliance.
Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Plan, budget, and oversee wastewater equipment which includes daily operation, annual pond cleaning and solids disposal
- Plan and implement capital system projects to optimize performance
- Supervise Environmental Technicians performing sampling and analysis of wastewater variables to ensure accurate results for system management and regulatory reporting
- Create and document policies, procedures and operating guidelines to ensure environmental compliance for wastewater and other discharges/emissions
- Report environmental results and performance to both internal staff and external regulatory agencies
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or related field with a minimum of five (5) years of professional related experience, the ability to obtain a State of Michigan industrial/commercial wastewater operator’s license and an understanding and competence in environmental laws and regulations including the Clean Air and Water Acts.
Michigan Sugar Company is a leader in its field and offers a competitive salary and benefit package. To learn more about the Michigan Sugar Company, go to www.michigansugar.com.
For immediate consideration, send your resume to:
Michigan Sugar Company
Vice President of Human Resources
122 Uptown Dr., Suite 300
Bay City, MI 48708
Or by email to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer