DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & SALES
Michigan Sugar Company has an immediate opportunity at its Bay City Corporate Office for a Director of Marketing & Sales. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing & Sales, and is responsible for establishing and implementing strategic and tactical communication plans designed to capitalize on market opportunities and generate demand. Our Director of Marketing & Sales will build a creative, integrated, multi-channel marketing department that builds brand awareness and reputation, provides a steady flow of sales leads, and measures the return on marketing program investments. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and have impeccable communication & leadership skills.
• Set and achieve Account Managers’ sales goals and results by using ‘best practice’ leadership and management principles.
• Maintain an account base for which the Director of Marketing & Sales is directly responsible for managing.
• Make periodic sales calls with Account Managers to develop and maintain a relationship with their customers, and to assess sales call skills of Account Managers.
• Ensure adherence to Company procedures, policies, and systems.
• Develop the job performance standards and goals for all Account Managers to achieve the organization’s sales goals.
• Provide annual Performance Reviews for Account Managers.
• Assists in the development and implementation of ‘best practices’ processes across the Account Managers to ensure world-class proficiency in relating to, calling on, and developing in-depth relationships with all customers.
• Assigns and directs the workflow to ensure excellent account representation and achievement of sales goals through appropriate staff planning and scheduling to meet/exceed all the Department’s goals.
• Liaise with the Factories, Distribution Centers, Traffic, Carriers, and Credit department to build a team environment between the functional areas.
• Help solve problems that affect the customer service, efficiency, and productivity of the Company.
• Analyze and summarize data on all facets of the forecast versus actual performance, and make appropriate adjustments and recommendations.
• Establish and maintain timely and thorough reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Sales, and others within the Marketing Department on all customer related issues.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or a related field.
• Five years sales and/or sales management experience.
• Ability to utilize spreadsheets to collect, manipulate, and present data.
• Experienced interaction with customers, factories, distribution centers, carriers, other functional areas of the Company to problem-solve to achieve goals.
• Experience in understanding complex material.
• Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, understandable manner, listen attentively to others, and provide instructions to stakeholders.
• Ability to manage the Account Managers in a people focused manner.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to maintain composure and perform in an environment wherein things sometimes go wrong.
• Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Excellent communication, organizational, motivating, and planning skills.
• A passion for serving the customer.
• An absolute determination that customer relationships be superior to that provided to our customers by any of our competitors.
• A passion for leading others.
• A focus on getting the job done, as opposed to getting through the day.
Michigan Sugar Company is a leader in its field and offers a competitive salary and benefits package, along with opportunities for professional growth. To learn more visit www.michigansugar.com.
For immediate consideration, send your resume and qualifications to:
Michigan Sugar Company
Attn: B. Rondo
122 Uptown Dr., Ste. 300
Bay City, MI 48708
Or by email to email@example.com
Michigan Sugar Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer